|Title:||In-House Counsel - Contracts|
|Position Summary:||The In-house Counsel at Convey Compliance Systems, Inc. will play a crucial role in drafting, negotiating and closing a wide variety of complex contracts.|
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this individual participates as a business partner to all areas of the organization by assisting with client contracts, vendor contracts, user licenses, NDA’s, escrow agreements, etc. As such this individual will contribute to Convey’s overall business plans through the implemention of contract review strategies and training and positioning strategies.
Specific Objectives for This Position:
- Responsible for negotiating, drafting, and closing a wide variety of complex contracts
Ensure that executed contracts:
Completely and accurately reflect the intent of the parties
Are consistent with Convey's business practices, policies and goals
- Clearly and concisely articulate the rights and obligations of the parties in order to minimize potential disputes
- Address issues to minimize Convey's exposure to risk
- Completely and accurately reflect the intent of the parties
- Draw upon strong knowledge of contract structure and interpretation, as well as problem solving skills, to assist to the business in achieving its goals and objectives
- Interfaces with all levels of the sales organization, finance, management, corporate attorneys, as well as attorneys and management for clients/prospective clients
- Responsible for training sales team to assist with contract positioning and strategy
- Work with Executive Management on ongoing confidentiality and IP risk for our organization.
- Investigate new areas of risk/opportunities for the business
- Responsible for maintaining and updating (a) hard-copy and/or electronic legal files
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) and a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) required.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in software including, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat, is required.
- Member of the bar of at least one (1) U.S. state or the District of Columbia is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of post-J.D. professional work experience is required.
- Experience with SaaS contracts containing Personally Identifiable Information
- Substantial experience drafting and negotiating contracts
- Superior writing skills, adaptive to and effective for different audiences
- Strong presentation, advocacy, oral communication and interpersonal skills; strong client relationship skills
- Strategic thinker, able to partner with other members of the legal team
- Strong analytical, investigatory and process skills – need to be able to quickly analyze complex factual situations or transactions
- Ability to work independently and under pressure and handle multiple competing tasks simultaneously to closure; strong work ethic
- Excellent judgment and attention to detail; exceptional organizational skills
- Commitment to excellence and integrity
- Periodic travel required
EEO: Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
One of the Twin Cities fastest and consistently growing Software as a Service Organizations providing solutions to many of the nation’s most prominent banks and insurance institutions. Convey was recently identified in the Minneapolis Star Tribune as a company poised to benefit from the IRS’s enhanced focus around closing the “tax gap”. http://www.startribune.com/business/137328783.html
Convey is a company dedicated to bringing in fun, hardworking, and career oriented individuals who are as passionate about their work as they are about their lives. Our leadership team is focused on finding talented individuals who not only have a desire to be successful in their initial role at the organization but aspire to grow and develop in the years to come.
Watch this brief YouTube video about our organization: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLSVcC_EhlQ
Or learn more about Convey at:http://www.convey.com